CELEBRATING 6 MILLION COLORS
After a year of in-depth research, design and engineering, we introduced our latest tool, Mixer, in late October. We knew it would be a powerful tool for expression, enabling creators to play with color in a new and natural way that, up until then, had only been available in the analog world.
Drawing inspiration from the familiar, tangible experience of mixing paint, we made something we were truly excited about and one we couldn’t wait to share.
Since launching the Mixer six weeks ago, six million colors have been created in Paper. Magazine editors have used it to make playful sketches of fashion icons; math teachers have used the Mixer to highlight equations; makers all over, from first-timers to professionals, have unzipped a world of color.
Fast Company examined the science behind our Mixer and Co.Design explored the thought process which led us to believe (or rather, remember) that it’s simply more fun, more intuitive to create colors instead of ‘picking’ them.
- nekographics reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- nekographics likes this
- marcoscuevas likes this
- tekariri likes this
- joaquimmeira likes this
- sprmario reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- thepaperlab likes this
- greenmanwest likes this
- happykylee likes this
- miasobe reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- cravingandcuriosity reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- cravingandcuriosity likes this
- scarletseason reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- mademistakes likes this
- luisarmando likes this
- hipsterskatersubstepper likes this
- martjeblom likes this
- rondellpaul likes this
- ellishamburger likes this
- sulfatedecuivre likes this
- mysketchstudio likes this
- tumblebunbun likes this
- brennavan likes this
- silentowl reblogged this from fiftythreenyc
- silentowl likes this
- fiftythreenyc posted this